1. What categories of data does the product or service collect from me?
Section 1 of the FARMserver Data Use Policy describes the three types of ag data FARMserver collects: Agronomic data: seed data, planting data, yield data, disease and pest management data, and crop nutrition data. Land data: tillage, water management, soil fertility, environmental data, geospatial information, and field boundary information. Weather data: precipitation, wind, temperature and other climate data. Machine data: information related to machine performance, such as speed, fuel usage, and engine rpm. More info.
2. Do the ATP’s agreements address ownership of my data after my data is transferred?
Under Section 2 of the Data Use Policy, you remain the owner of your Raw Data after it is transferred to FARMServer.
3. If the ATP contracts with other companies to provide data related services, does the ATP require these companies to adhere to the ATP’s privacy policies with me?
4. Will the ATP obtain my consent before providing other companies with access to my data?
Section 3 of the Data Use Policy provides: “FARMserver will not share your Raw Data unless you provide consent by selecting persons and designating the appropriate permission level in your account setting.”
5. After I upload data to the ATP, will it be possible to retrieve my original complete dataset in an original or equivalent format?
Section 10 of the Data Use Policy states that you may download your Raw Data at any time by logging into FARMserver.
6. Will the ATP notify me when its agreements change?
Section 8 of the Data Use Policy states: “FARMserver may periodically modify this Data Use Policy to reflect changes in FARMserver’s functionality, practices or policies. You will be notified by email or upon logging into your FARMserver account of any changes to this Data Use Policy.”
7. Will the ATP notify me if a breach of data security occurs that causes disclosure of my data to an outside party?
Section 6 of the Data Use Policy states: “In the event of a data breach, natural disaster, or other unforeseen event that causes your Raw Data to be compromised, FARMserver will notify you by email or other matter required by law.”
8. Upon my request, can my original dataset be deleted when my contract with the ATP terminates?
Section 10 of FARMserver’s Data Use Policy explains that your original dataset may be deleted after termination. The one exception is weather data, which will not be deleted.
9. Do the ATP’s agreements establish how long my original datasets will be retained?
Section 10 of FARMserver’s Data Use Policy explains that FARMserver will retain copies of your original datasets for a period of 90 days following termination.
10. Do the ATP’s agreements address what happens to my data if the ATP is sold to another company?
FARMserver is a product of Beck’s Superior Hybrids, Inc. Under Section 9 of the Data Use Policy, in the event that FARMserver were ever sold, you would be notified and provided an opportunity to delete your Raw Data (excluding weather data) prior to any sale.